Summer is in full swing for us here in California. School is out. The temperature hit 105°F this week. And we’ve been hanging out in the pool after summer camp.
Today’s weird-for-California mugginess makes me think of living on the East Coast and visiting the South – humid days spent with a tall glass of iced tea with condensation dripping down the sides. And wouldn’t you know, it’s National Iced Tea Day. So here are some of my favorite recipes and some that I’m interested in trying.
- Southern Sweet Tea – Not just tea with sugar stirred in.
- Thai Iced Tea – Should have known it came from a mix.
- Iced Green Tea with Ginger – I had something similar to this one at the Amanyara Resort in Turks and Caicos.
- Long Island Nice Tea – A spicy, non-alcoholic version of a drink that actually has tea in it.
- Sun Tea – We used to make this a lot when I was a kid. One summer it was the only way we made it.
- Cold Brew Iced Tea – Never done this one, but I worry that I would taste the tea bag paper if it was in for so long. Would try with loose leaf tea.
So those are a few recipes to try. Let me know if you like them or if you have any others you think I’d like.